Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period at 11 am EDT/ 3pm GMT on 4/16/2014.

We anticipate a down time of approximately one hour to deploy an update.

Patch Notes

General
  • Sha'lyn's Lair will now drop enchanting materials.
  • Decreased some Chapter 3 enemies’ attack casting times to further balance their damage output.
  • Fixed an issue on select Chapter 3 enemies where their debuffs were incorrectly modifying ratings instead of percentages.
Raid
  • Modified the drop rates for enchanting materials while encountering Vilepaw.
  • Reduced Vilepaw’s defenses and resistances to further balance the difficulty of the raid.
  • Rebalanced raid timers for Hunted in the Mists, altering how long players have to complete the raid on Gold, Silver and Bronze ranks.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not enter Karnak's Final Stand and Hunted in the Mists at the same time.
Classes
  • All characters on accounts that have played within the last week will receive a free respec token.
    Shadow Walker
    • The cast time for Shadow Veil has decreased from 0.5/0.3/0.1s to 0.1/0.1/0.1s.
    • The cooldown time for Shadow Veil has decreased from 5s to 2.5s.
    War Mage
    • The knockback time for Ice Lance has decreased from 0.4/0.4/0.4s to 0.15/0.2/0.25s.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm

All good stuff except the decreased Ice Lance effect. That sees my WM throw it in the trash, it was pretty short anyway for its cast time.
Lemme guess - pvp balancing?

Still, nice to see tweaks to HitM. Looking forward to seeing how it works in practice.
DreamingDæmon

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Any word on Justicar? When is he gonna get fixed? Of course I'm talkin for onslought,weekest of all, really bad :-(
Last edited by DiMoSauR on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiMoSauR

Postby LordCyric » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:56 pm

DreamingDemon, you are than probably the only mage in game who ever used Ice Lance without Snap Cast.
This will still not brake the classic Icy Grasp, Shattering Force, Snap Cast, Ice Lance combo which is about the only thing a mage needs to know in pvp. :-)
But will take some of its edge and maybe give us other classes a fighting chance. ;)

I am looking forward for all of this though not just the Ice Lance nerf. ^^
Last edited by LordCyric on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordCyric

Postby Deda22 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

You are destroying WM..
It will be trash for pvp
Deda22

Postby Ceka » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Hmm its chapter 3?

So then no new raid? No cap lvl 35?

And nice for ice lance! Im happy we can see finally a normal class haha.
Ceka

Postby Cletus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Excited to see all the changes EXCEPT nerf to Ice Lance...

I assume its a PVP balance issue which makes no difference to me... My only opinion is that with reduced knockback, casting time should be reduced..

I also feel that anytime a skill is changed we should get a free respec token.. If you're changing one of the skills that I've already paid to spec. I should have option to ditch that skill for something else without any cost...

In closing tho, Thank You for listening to needed changes for Hunted in the Mists.

- Cletus
Last edited by Cletus on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cletus

Postby Semimadscientist » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Did Bear Necessity get slowed down? That makes potions pointless against Vilepaw :P

Ice Mages were wimps for so long it really stinks we get nerfed once we had a good combo. I practically gave up on PvP after too many justicars using Heroic Will/Seismic/Brutal combos.
Semimadscientist

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 pm

DimoD wrote:Any word on Justicar? When is he gonna get fixed?

^ This. Regds Onslaught.

LordCyric wrote:DreamingDemon, you are than probably the only mage in game who ever used Ice Lance without Snap Cast.

Probably I am. I've only had a WM for a few weeks, and I don't PvP. I do use Ice Lance with Snap Cast where available when raiding, but I also use it when a burning enemy is frozen and DoT will hit shortly before Ice Lance completes to line up another shot. The reduced kb will kill that strategy.

Cletus wrote:I assume its a PVP balance issue which makes no difference to me... My only opinion is that with reduced knockback, casting time should be reduced..

I also feel that anytime a skill is changed we should get a free respec token.. If you're changing one of the skills that I've already paid to spec. I should have option to ditch that skill for something else without any cost...

^ Perfectly stated.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Very, very welcome changes there guys, nice! Glad to see the majority of players are being listened to regarding the unbalanced areas of PvE and PvP. Unfortunately changes to ice lance were inevitable. As said above, it's commonly used with snap cast in PvP. Until PvP and PvE abilities are separated, you will always get people who don't PvP (probably a majority at the minute) feeling hard done by when something is balanced. Saying 'we were rubbish before' as justification for remaining overpowered just isn't going to cut it.

A free respec token would be very nice :D

Important question is, what exactly is Vilepaw? I maintain he is like a three-way cross between a bear, a pig and a badger.

A beapigder.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Game Updates