Server Maintenance - March 27, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 27, 2014

Postby MariKissMas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Sardo_Numspa wrote:The raid is good except for the boss. Does he really need to have all that power? Debuff, heal, high resist, high block, high speed, heavy hitter, disarm, etc... Are there any skills you didn't give this thing? Just sayin'... Not to many toons at that might even stand a chance... FIX IT!!

I am not opposed to all these attacks, though I am opposed to all the silver it sucks up rather than pays out, but the level of consentration that it requires makes it as big a chat killer as onslaught. I miss talking with people. Killing was only fun when we could discover each other as well as what it took to survive/destroy the foe. Limited rewards, limited interaction, excessive play = why bother.
MariKissMas

Postby Sed_the_legendary » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Still don't see this as a "stepping stone" to LOB. This raid is good, just not as a "stepping stone" to lob... Maybe something after lob.. But not as they called it a"stepping stone".... Those are some big damn steps!! Make p3 a little easier and this would be a "stepping stone". Now its more like a pole vault....
Sed_the_legendary

Postby EricM » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I think part of the problem is that many casual players were just hoping for a completely casual (VG/GK) raid in the ChV tier... something that isn't super difficult and can be done in 5-min every 6-8 hours.

If this raid was like ~200 waves shorter, with a greatly simplified p3 boss (something consistently 2-3 hittable by your 25-30k might toon), people would even be willing to take even a 20% cut in current valor payout.

Leave LoB for the hardcore guilds, and make this a full on casual raid - something that functions as a drop in and drop out,chatable type raid for casual guilds, or as a easy rest point for the hardcore guilds. By attempting to appease both sides, everyone's kinda left wanting. The casual guilds find p3 way too difficult to complete in the time limit, while the hardcore guilds find the rewards not worth the difficulty of running the raid.
EricM

Postby DreamingDæmon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Sed_the_Slacker_GM wrote:Still don't see this as a "stepping stone" to LOB. This raid is good, just not as a "stepping stone" to lob... Maybe something after lob.. But not as they called it a"stepping stone".... Those are some big damn steps!! Make p3 a little easier and this would be a "stepping stone". Now its more like a pole vault....

A pole vault with a toothpick for toons under 25k or so...!

It takes my 26k-ish Justi 8 actions to take down VilePig IF he doesn't block or resist anything, and I use a spirit rune.
If he blocks or resists anything, or decides to ignore Knockback, it turns into a looooong duel.
Result is that after paying for runes and health pots, p3 just isn't worth doing.

Phase 1 and 2 seem pretty good. It's just p3 diffculty / payout that kills it for players, and the timer/ wave count that kills it for many guilds.
DreamingDæmon

Postby CodeMonkey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:38 pm

We are still reviewing telemetry for the new content that was released in the latest update. I cannot promise anything specific will change, but we will be looking at things and considering changes soon.
CodeMonkey

Postby EricM » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:16 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:

It takes my 26k-ish Justi 8 actions to take down VilePig IF he doesn't block or resist anything, and I use a spirit rune.
If he blocks or resists anything, or decides to ignore Knockback, it turns into a looooong duel.
Result is that after paying for runes and health pots, p3 just isn't worth doing.

Phase 1 and 2 seem pretty good. It's just p3 diffculty / payout that kills it for players, and the timer/ wave count that kills it for many guilds.

Try Brutal -> HW -> Seismic -> Brutal. Usually does it for my 27k justi. Hear Brutal -> HW -> Brutal works for our 40k+ might toons. But the blocks, resists, dodges make things tough.
EricM

Postby DreamingDæmon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:54 am

EricM wrote:
DreamingDaemon wrote:

Try Brutal -> HW -> Seismic -> Brutal. Usually does it for my 27k justi. Hear Brutal -> HW -> Brutal works for our 40k+ might toons. But the blocks, resists, dodges make things tough.

Spirit Rune -> Brutal -> Stun -> Cleave -> Seismic -> Brutal -> Heroic Will -> Brutal.
That's if nothing gets resisted / blocked, knockbacks work, the timers work in my favour, and Taurus is rising in the moon of Sirius.

Sure, my 37k Justi can take him out in 3-4 buttons - but the raid's intended as a stepping stone for people heading towards LoB from VG - more the 15-25k range, who are - based on the raids I've merced in - often struggling.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Saraa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:08 am

I still do not understand why this raid, at the very least, does not drop refined essence. You(devs) gave us a "stepping stone" raid and instead of increasing the rewards, went the opposite direction. I don't get it.... One step forward, two steps back.
Saraa

Postby DiMoSauR » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:31 am

Last night was the first time trying the new raid with a wm @17k, Every Round on P3 Dead ,With Elixirs, Stickin to Lob,New raid is absolutely useless,sucks silver like crazy and payout not even worth it. So it's not a high end raid and it's not for the lower guilds that cant do Lob. IT was a waste for all that time that we were waitin on new update!!!
DiMoSauR

Postby Bbbb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 pm

EricM wrote:If this raid was like ~200 waves shorter, with a greatly simplified p3 boss (something consistently 2-3 hittable by your 25-30k might toon), people would even be willing to take even a 20% cut in current valor payout.

The payout is already really really low. You slice it anymore and why bother at all. I think for the tier it might be worse than CK is.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates