Server Maintenance - March 27, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 27, 2014

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Illánnà_ wrote:
CrzyHopper wrote:I used a crit pot against Vilepaw and his first attack is 'Bear Necessity' and wipes off the fresh crit pot. Is this a bug or on purpose?

This is pretty shitty if it's on purpose just due to the time to farm and craft pots.

Anyone else notice this?

While this does seem too heavyhanded, the fact that vilepaw can regenerate 10k health twice in the time we can use only 1 health pot is pretty hard to recover from. Cost my 30k sw 2 vile health pots, 3 runes, a power pot, and finished with 181 health after 4+ min in the encounter. Doesn't seem like a "beginner" raid of any kind.

Don't get why a 30k should be having a huge problem against the new boss. My SW is below 28k and has little problem against him, it just takes more hits to take him out. I might use a couple of powerful healing potions.

I find him about as challenging as LoB when I first did VG. So his difficulty may be more of a problem near the might req.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Shekka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:05 am

I think the raid is good as is. It makes us think, just like we had to when kfs first came out. We had to pay attention to the attacks that were coming our way.

The first few times the "Bear Necessities" (nice jungle Book play there btw) attack came I was so confused as that attack is so fast, and I went through way too many pots during that raid, with no benefit to me! I actually thought the raid was broken lol. Now that I know it isn't and that it is an attack the VilePaw has, I have adjusted my play style for that phase accordingly.

It's not meant to be easy, and it is in no way harder then the LOB Twins. If you want an easy raid, run GG or Skar and get over it. Otherwise, run the raid and learn how to deal with the VilePaw.

I think Venan has done a good job on providing a solution to us for a non onslaught raid. However, I do eagerly look forward to the next set of updates!

Shekka
Shekka

Postby Saraa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:18 am

+1 to everything Shekka said. Well spoken!

I would just like to see a better reward system (essence/flux) put into place. It is currently very unrewarding and the new dungeon is a better option with greater payout.
Last edited by Saraa on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saraa

Postby ouroboros » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Shekka wrote:I think the raid is good as is. It makes us think, just like we had to when kfs first came out. We had to pay attention to the attacks that were coming our way.

The first few times the "Bear Necessities" (nice jungle Book play there btw) attack came I was so confused as that attack is so fast, and I went through way too many pots during that raid, with no benefit to me! I actually thought the raid was broken lol. Now that I know it isn't and that it is an attack the VilePaw has, I have adjusted my play style for that phase accordingly.

It's not meant to be easy, and it is in no way harder then the LOB Twins. If you want an easy raid, run GG or Skar and get over it. Otherwise, run the raid and learn how to deal with the VilePaw.

I think Venan has done a good job on providing a solution to us for a non onslaught raid. However, I do eagerly look forward to the next set of updates!

Shekka

i'm fine with challenges, but after becoming familiar with phase three of the new raid, i've come to see it as simply unrewarding.

first, it's a silver sink. two or three powerful healing potions on a bad encounter during phase three for a ~600 silver reward doesn't seem like viable math.

second, the valor, hero token, and essence payout is laughable. phase one of legacy has better payout per energy, and i see phase four as being easier than vilepaw, with the potential for some very satisfying drops. hunted in the mists only seems viable for guilds who can't cut it during onslaught, and refuse to open their raids to overcome that (there will always be hungry mercs for phases two and three of legacy).

i welcome the addition of greater challenges to book of heroes, but won't confront them unless it seems at all worth it. slogging through phase three of the new raid is something i will only ever do for my guild, and without a shred of enjoyment or satisfaction.
ouroboros

Postby Bbbb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:19 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:I used a crit pot against Vilepaw and his first attack is 'Bear Necessity' and wipes off the fresh crit pot. Is this a bug or on purpose?

This is pretty shitty if it's on purpose just due to the time to farm and craft pots.

Anyone else notice this?

You use crit pots in non-onslaught situations???????
Bbbb

Postby Bbbb » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:25 pm

ouroboros wrote:first, it's a silver sink. two or three powerful healing potions on a bad encounter during phase three for a ~600 silver reward doesn't seem like viable math.

second, the valor, hero token, and essence payout is laughable. phase one of legacy has better payout per energy, and i see phase four as being easier than vilepaw, with the potential for some very satisfying drops.

Bingo on both counts.

I have said that it is better to burn p1 of legacy than in Haunted.
Bbbb

Postby CrzyHopper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

B4Play wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

Sure, why not? I experiment with many types of builds.
CrzyHopper

Postby DjCleric » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 am

CrzyHopper wrote:
B4Play wrote:

Anyone else notice this?

Sure, why not? I experiment with many types of builds.

We have a scientist! :D
DjCleric

Postby Arick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Wonder if we're going to get an admin reply as to whether p3 is working as intended or not.
Arick

Postby Bbbb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 pm

Arick wrote:Wonder if we're going to get an admin reply as to whether p3 is working as intended or not.

I'm sure it is working as they designed it. However, it is fairly common for them to tweak a new raid based on player feedback once or twice. Anybody remember the number of times CoC was changed? 4 or 5 at least I think.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates