Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Past and Future Mistakes

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:47 am

Subject
Past and Future Mistakes

DreamingDaemon wrote:I'm a 2h Justi with 2h enchants and 2h skills, which works well for PvE. Doesn't quite fit that model. If I want to PvP I need to either reoutfit for PvP only and limit my game drastically on the offchance that I'll like it, or pay for a 2nd spec.

That really sucks.

I remember about a year ago when v1.3 came out and my 6 month old, v1.2, Level Cap, Max Health Shadow Walker could not even survive a single 3 Mob encounter in Fellmarsh after spending 4 months of Silver Coin on Tier 2 Health Gems. Now Venan allows you a 3 day "Undo Purchase" through Customer Support.

I remember one Lockbox update where I missed the bug giving Max Tier Valor away at 100 times normal rate while many high level characters raked in the Valor and almost instandly got pieces of Max Tier Gear. Now Venan increased Gold Shield Loot Drops and decreased Alchemist Lockbox Rewards.

Don't even get CJ started on the latest Raid Unlock Challenges and how easy new Guilds have it (1 Overseer, only one, to unlock Kraken, while we lose our 10 Forgotten Sentinels to unlock next Raid). Okay, I admit these remain a mystery to me, but CJ (who has an MBA) says they are needed to keep Venan making enough money on a Freemium game to run the Servers and pay Artists for new Art. She does *not* like it, but unless you wish to give Venan a multi-million dollar grant, what can you do?

As far as I can tell, since Venan can't avoid new unknown mistakes, they are trying to avoid past mistakes by rolling out PvP very, very slowly.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 am

JsXtm wrote:So, how are we supposed to find out what the Heroic Feats are if they don't show up in the list unless we earn them?

Just like the "New Item" listed in an Update turned out to be Karnak's Ring, someone on the Forums will post as soon as they get a Heroic Feat.
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:36 pm

JsXtm wrote:So, how are we supposed to find out what the Heroic Feats are if they don't show up in the list unless we earn them?

A lot of people have both Feats already. If no one else says, I will say what they are tomorrow.
Bj_Knows

Postby BDevil » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Guys, I get that you can't please everyone, but I seriously don't understand the pvp rewards that are exclusive to the beta...why would I spend this currency for the "looks" of a weapon. If something is exclusive to the beta only, then why wouldn't you offer up these weapons as tier 15? It's pointless (my opinion, of course). It would be hard enough to get 14,000 pvp currency for these t14 weapons...but why would I waste the time when my current t14 weapon holds the same stats? If this beta and these weapons are exclusive to the beta than make it worth getting these items and playing the pvp.
BDevil

Postby japster » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:23 pm

BDevil wrote:Guys, I get that you can't please everyone, but I seriously don't understand the pvp rewards that are exclusive to the beta...why would I spend this currency for the "looks" of a weapon. If something is exclusive to the beta only, then why wouldn't you offer up these weapons as tier 15? It's pointless (my opinion, of course). It would be hard enough to get 14,000 pvp currency for these t14 weapons...but why would I waste the time when my current t14 weapon holds the same stats? If this beta and these weapons are exclusive to the beta than make it worth getting these items and playing the pvp.

For some people, cosmetic changes are sufficient.

Plus the developers have promised not to let PvP rewards have game-changing PvE elements. Thus if a t15 was PvP exclusive, it would force PvE players into PvP if they wanted max might and best weapon damage, something Venan promised that would not happen.

BoH is ultimately still a PvE-centric game!
japster

Postby BDevil » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 pm

japster wrote:
BDevil wrote:Guys, I get that you can't please everyone, but I seriously don't understand the pvp rewards that are exclusive to the beta...why would I spend this currency for the "looks" of a weapon. If something is exclusive to the beta only, then why wouldn't you offer up these weapons as tier 15? It's pointless (my opinion, of course). It would be hard enough to get 14,000 pvp currency for these t14 weapons...but why would I waste the time when my current t14 weapon holds the same stats? If this beta and these weapons are exclusive to the beta than make it worth getting these items and playing the pvp.

Plus the developers have promised not to let PvP rewards have game-changing PvE elements. Thus if a t15 was PvP exclusive, it would force PvE players into PvP if they wanted max might and best weapon damage, something Venan promised that would not happen.

Ok fine...but what does it matter? The main thing that works for this game is PvE; they introduce special events for enchantments and t13 gear - what's the difference?....so instead of introducing PvE as a concept to help grow your player's might (which is the main concept correct?) we get cosmetic changes, and those players that have t14 gear continue to remain stagnant with what they have...you're trying to entice players to play PvP by introducing a currency concept and the rewards are nothing new but cosmetic changes for 14,000 of this new currency? Really? That's ridiculous. To each their own I guess...but where's the 2-handed weapons?
BDevil

Re: Update 1.7.2 - Preview

Postby Armada » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:
Armada wrote:Oh and please either remove the luck factor for Justi seismic clash, OR make the sw smoke bombs also depending on luck... SW are already in advantage because they need way less gem slots to get their haste up....

SW take less haste gems to be faster, Justi's take less melee gems to be stronger and mages take less magic gems. Blah blah blah. These are slight differences in the classes that shouldn't change.

"Slight differences".... lmao! PvP is ALL about speed, so SW are very much in advantage with their incredible speed and fast recharge. Plus they dodge about 2-3 times more often then Justis or Mages, so there goes your "more melee strenght" theory. Nice try to keep your advantages over the other classes though... lol
Armada

Re: Update 1.7.2 - Preview

Postby CrzyHopper » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Armada wrote:
CrzyHopper wrote:
Armada wrote:Oh and please either remove the luck factor for Justi seismic clash, OR make the sw smoke bombs also depending on luck... SW are already in advantage because they need way less gem slots to get their haste up....

SW take less haste gems to be faster, Justi's take less melee gems to be stronger and mages take less magic gems. Blah blah blah. These are slight differences in the classes that shouldn't change.

"Slight differences".... lmao! PvP is ALL about speed, so SW are very much in advantage with their incredible speed and fast recharge. Plus they dodge about 2-3 times more often then Justis or Mages, so there goes your "more melee strenght" theory. Nice try to keep your advantages over the other classes though... lol

I have toons with high might in all the classes. Perhaps that's why I understand the slight differences and why they should stay better than some. There are advantages for all the classes. My SW gets beat by Justi's and Mages. A PvP build consists of a lot of factors and combination builds. Trial and error. It takes time to get the right build and a lot of time if you didn't prepare yourself before the PvP update. Too many people and it's mostly those that didn't prepare for PvP are looking for the instant gratification. It won't come in PvP. You HAVE to prepare and constantly try new things. If you don't, then you will keep having more losses than wins. Don't blame Venan, Shadow Walkers etc because you didn't think ahead. Perhaps your just a casual player and couldn't raid all the time or do portals to get what you needed whatever the case may be. Again, that's not Venan's fault or the players that beat you in PvP.
CrzyHopper

Postby japster » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm

BDevil wrote:
japster wrote:

Ok fine...but what does it matter? The main thing that works for this game is PvE; they introduce special events for enchantments and t13 gear - what's the difference?....so instead of introducing PvE as a concept to help grow your player's might (which is the main concept correct?) we get cosmetic changes, and those players that have t14 gear continue to remain stagnant with what they have...you're trying to entice players to play PvP by introducing a currency concept and the rewards are nothing new but cosmetic changes for 14,000 of this new currency? Really? That's ridiculous. To each their own I guess...but where's the 2-handed weapons?

I do believe the next major update will be primarily PvE. Relax and wait for the preview this week =)
japster

Postby clockwork_robot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 am

Any thoughts on an easy way to whisper someone after a match? A battle log with who you fought and the results would be awesome. Then you could tap on the name to message them.
clockwork_robot

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates