Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.7.2 - August 15, 2013

Postby Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 am

I like the mutiny options. I've never needed that but it's nice to know it will be there if I do.
Oda_Galen_Shoijikinachi

PvP: Top 3 Raid vs #5 of 40 Raiders or Comparing PvP Rewards

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 am

Subject

japster wrote:Well the thing is...there are some major balance issues required here, but yet you guys are rolling out rewards that would be removed after beta. Unless some sort of assurance is made that the balance changes would be made while these beta rewards are still available, even if not in this 1.7.2 patch, AND also that players will have ample time to participate in the re-balanced beta and earn these rewards, it's hard not to feel frustrated.

I understand your frustration (don't get me started on Ignite), but unless I misunderstand something, you get PvP Currency for a Win *or* a Loss. The only time you do not get PvP Currency is during a Forfiet, the same way Silver Coin and XP are currently awarded.

The difference between PvP Currency for a Win and a Loss is the same as finishing Top 3 in a Raid (+10% to +20%) or finishing #5 out of 40 Raiders (+0%) [Note 1]

So even if you are terrible at PvP (see War Mage Agatha), and Level 30 (no need for PvP's XP Reward), once Venan rolls out PvP Currency, it will be much more attractive to participate in PvP. Especially if you need Tier 5 Gems and Tier 14 Weapons (see War Mage Agatha).

Note 1)
Notice she gets more XP and Silver Coin from the loss to a Level 23 than the win against a Level 17:

Bj_DWR wrote:Examples
Agatha the First (Level 20) wins versus a Level 17 opponent and gains 342 XP, 149 Silver Coin, 49 PvP points and +1 Win.
Agatha the First (Level 20) loses versus a Level 23 opponent and gains 489 XP, 159 Silver Coin, 0 PvP points and +1 Loss.
Agatha the First forfeits versus an opponent and gains 0 XP, 0 Silver Coin, 0 PvP points and +1 Loss.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4203
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Single Spec PvP

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:It's presenting a barrier to a lot of players from even looking at pvp past a cursory toe in the water, if that. I'll blow 100gs on a single raid, but I won't pay it to access a feature, especially one still in beta.

You do not need the second Spec for PvP:
Bj_DWR wrote:Subject
Single Spec for PvP/ Elite Mobs/ Mobs/ Boss

You do not need to purchase the second Spec to participate in PvP.

I have entered PvP with full Might Rating and the following Spec
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4320
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Single Spec PvP

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 am

Bj_DWR wrote:
DreamingDaemon wrote:It's presenting a barrier to a lot of players from even looking at pvp past a cursory toe in the water, if that. I'll blow 100gs on a single raid, but I won't pay it to access a feature, especially one still in beta.

You do not need the second Spec for PvP:
Single Spec for PvP/ Elite Mobs/ Mobs/ Boss

You do not need to purchase the second Spec to participate in PvP.

I have entered PvP with full Might Rating and the following Spec
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4320

Sure. I'll start up a new toon tomorrow and hope that nothing changes between now and 2016 when I'll be able to meet that spec... :/

In the meantime, I'm a 2h Justi with 2h enchants and 2h skills, which works well for PvE. Doesn't quite fit that model. If I want to PvP I need to either reoutfit for PvP only and limit my game drastically on the offchance that I'll like it, or pay for a 2nd spec.

OK, I'm maybe being a little harsh there, but if I, as a medium-$ and all-day every-day player, look at that and think "no way!", I can't imagine the more casual player - who are the ones whose corner I'm mainly trying to fight here - will be in a better position.
Not that I don't appreciate that you're trying to help, but it's simply not a realistic option for many.
I actually want PVP to succeed. I'm not against it. I just think that making it difficult and/or expensive to do is not the way to go about launching a new feature.

EDIT:
When I say "difficult and/or expensive to do", I mean "do" as in "participate", rather than, as it might read, "be successful ans achieve all goals easily".
DreamingDæmon

Postby DnT_TheTaken » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm a 1h justi, hybrid build, killing it in every raid up to gk, sure vg will be fine, think the only issue ill have is kfs, and I'm sure ill still be fine. I'm 431-131 in PvP, not the best but still I'm using one spec for both pve and PvP, have not bought the second spec.
DnT_TheTaken

Re: PvP: Top 3 Raid vs #5 of 40 Raiders or Comparing PvP Rew

Postby japster » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm

japster wrote:Well the thing is...there are some major balance issues required here, but yet you guys are rolling out rewards that would be removed after beta. Unless some sort of assurance is made that the balance changes would be made while these beta rewards are still available, even if not in this 1.7.2 patch, AND also that players will have ample time to participate in the re-balanced beta and earn these rewards, it's hard not to feel frustrated.

I understand your frustration (don't get me started on Ignite), but unless I misunderstand something, you get PvP Currency for a Win *or* a Loss. The only time you do not get PvP Currency is during a Forfiet, the same way Silver Coin and XP are currently awarded.

The difference between PvP Currency for a Win and a Loss is the same as finishing Top 3 in a Raid (+10% to +20%) or finishing #5 out of 40 Raiders (+0%) [Note 1]

So even if you are terrible at PvP (see War Mage Agatha), and Level 30 (no need for PvP's XP Reward), once Venan rolls out PvP Currency, it will be much more attractive to participate in PvP. Especially if you need Tier 5 Gems and Tier 14 Weapons (see War Mage Agatha).

Note 1)
Notice she gets more XP and Silver Coin from the loss to a Level 23 than the win against a Level 17:

Bj_DWR wrote:Examples
Agatha the First (Level 20) wins versus a Level 17 opponent and gains 342 XP, 149 Silver Coin, 49 PvP points and +1 Win.
Agatha the First (Level 20) loses versus a Level 23 opponent and gains 489 XP, 159 Silver Coin, 0 PvP points and +1 Loss.
Agatha the First forfeits versus an opponent and gains 0 XP, 0 Silver Coin, 0 PvP points and +1 Loss.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4203

Well I get your point that winning or losing give currency, but the fact that winning gives a bonus in currency dropped, and that the playing field isn't even, simply means certain classes will be able to gear up more quickly. But anyway, let's just wait for the actual patch to hit and see how the rewards are priced and earned =)
japster

Postby Bango » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Still it's BS that an entire class is left gimp, a dead-stat is the most important in the entire pvp-setting, no 2h are implemented and chicken-specs are the most successful.
Bango

Postby Keis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:38 pm

I do hope this game is not going to go down the tubes, like so many before it, by pandering to all the kiddies who can't have fun without it becoming a competitive sport - as in PvP.
Keis

Postby Stilgar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Keis wrote:I do hope this game is not going to go down the tubes, like so many before it, by pandering to all the kiddies who can't have fun without it becoming a competitive sport - as in PvP.

I believe it's heading that way. I don't like PvP. I didn't like the new raiding changes and guild loyalty in 1.6. I almost quit just for that. This PvP "feature" is a waste for me. I'm not spending any time or money on PvP. It's a kludgey setup in beta. Being a former beta tester these "features should've been smoothed out in alpha before beta. I've fought only twice. Lost both. My opponent hit me 8x to my one with less of a haste rating. Wasn't even matched Justicar to Justicar.
Stilgar

Postby JsXtm » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 am

So, how are we supposed to find out what the Heroic Feats are if they don't show up in the list unless we earn them? Just play the game and try to be as heroic as we can be?
Twirling Black Lotus officer
Justicar- JsXtm
War Mage- Jennifer
Shadow Walker- Anderson
JsXtm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates