Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

Postby Firekeeper » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Has the equation for energy regeneration changed? I have 50 e with 3.2% energy regen. Before the update I was getting a 13 second decrease, but now it is only 9 seconds.

Postby GeekGuy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 pm

The ice mage is barely playable now, PvP or otherwise. I'm taking a break for a few weeks while Venan irons out some of these wrinkles.

Postby Darkhorse » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 pm

SBF_Firekeeper wrote:Has the equation for energy regeneration changed? I have 50 e with 3.2% energy regen. Before the update I was getting a 13 second decrease, but now it is only 9 seconds.

As far as I know we didn't change this at all. I'll check with some of the engineers tomm.

Postby Talizorah » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:56 am

I think you need to introduce a means of unlocking the alternate spec through the PvP questline. Pay 100gs to unlock now, or be able to get it unlocked though completion of the quest line. PvE builds typically are not suited to PvP, and the price off 100gs is enough to scare off a lot of users from doing PvP because they are getting dominated by those who pay for their game.

On the other hand, lag, as some people think it, is really just the other person taking their time figuring out what attack they want to use. I thought it was lag at first too. PvP implementation was actually very well thought out, and the system is working well, albeit in need of a lot of balance changes. I will say it is not nearly as in bad of shape as 1.6 when it was released.

As far as nerfing goes, I would like to see two separate sets of balances for the game. PvE settings when dealing with multiple targets where the individual player needs all the buffs they can get, and PvP, where balancing is done so that skill and strategy is needed to win, rather than straight brute force.

Postby Destrier » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:49 am

All this wait!!!! I expected more. Horrible lag, extremely unbalanced and wait.... What's that in my pocket???? Venans hand yet again!

Postby Yoshiyoda » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am

Darkhorse wrote:We might have overdone it with Ice Lance tbh. We'll evaluate our data and make changes as necessary as we go along :).

You overdid it with Icy Grasp as well. It's only useful if you use a 1h weapon and WM are built for 2h. Please change back!!

Postby Severus » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:55 am

Yes, icy grasp is the worst of the two. Ice lance nerf, although there was no need for it, I can live with but removing the only move the WM had which could even remotely compete with the other classes' stuns is the worst idea since limiting merc numbers.

Please put it back the way it was and let the people that actually play the game decide if the WM was overpowered or not.

Postby Aleksey » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am

Would it be possible to revert the ability characteristic to what it was in 1.6? Changed ability characteristics might be very usable to pvp(feature I'm not interested), but ruins the regular game play. Especially when fighting with multiple opponents.

Kind regards,

Postby Ferocee » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I'll state from the outset I'm anti nerfing...I don't believe in stripping away things people have put time and money into..even if it's just a game. The solution would be to enhance...THAT being said, the nerfing was done in anticipation of PvP, to make a more level playing field. Venan is gathering data and hate mail on that every second. However, it's had, of course, in intended consequences. It has weakened toons for raids...more hits, would seem like a big deal, unless of course you're doing ONSLAUGHT!! So venan has weakened output for onslaught, a travesty which I'm really upset with but putting that aside, they have made no compensation to adjust the raid..so you get less kills in, same amount of time. Makes absolutely no sense. I understand this is a beta test for PvP but you NEED to make adjustments for raids.

Postby Hashtag_QueenPippin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Talizorah wrote:Mages seem to have continuously taken hits over the last two patches now. I do not see a reason for the Icy Spear to have it's knockback timer nerfed when the Justy's has not been. Should have kept it the same and added knockback on a SW attack instead.

My thoughts exactly! I've said it more than once that mages (seemingly the most popular class) are constantly get nerfed while justicars go untouched. My main is sw and I love the variety of attack abilities and the two builds would allow people to switch between reposte and dodge build and a haste/urgency build. Or one magic and the other mele.

Mages appear to have limited choice in attack abilities anyway and my 19k might Mage didn't have near the power that my sw had at that level.

Both of my big toons get crushed by justis in pvp if I get hit w stun or the opener has heroic will. I could have 10k more health and die bc I get stunned, hit w bleed attack, knocked back by seismic whatever, and then I'm dead while I can't even get my .17 sec reflexive strike attack completed once on sw or my quick .27 sec fire attack off on Mage.

Justis have always been the most powerful class at least since I started playing in feb and they seem to just get more powerful as the other classes get nerfed.

The pvp opponent matchup is not consistent at all as I have been matched up w toons with anywhere from 5k-15k more might than me. It's frustrating and I'm annoyed w it

I'm also appalled by the 100 gs price for getting the second ability set. Y'all made if sound like it would be free or close to it. There's no other way to get it than with gs?! That's ridiculous venan. I honestly think it should be earned or purchased with currency that u can't get by just charging it on your credit card. U can't buy valor, why not set a cv price for it or maybe a pvp currency should be added or something. 100 GS FOR AN ADDITIONAL ABILITY SET IS INSANE

Return to Game Updates