Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby Hashtag_QueenPippin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Sir_Lox wrote:
ET_DA_DaK wrote:Mages would have too large of an advantage over most. They will hit much harder than anyone else can other than the few rare poison shadow walkers that are out there.

Don't leave out Justis! ;) my weak 17k might justi has crit at 20k+ . Imagine what the best justis can hit.

^ EXACTLY MY POINT!!
Hashtag_QueenPippin

Re: Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

Postby Firekeeper » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Darkhorse wrote:
SBF_Firekeeper wrote:Has the equation for energy regeneration changed? I have 50 e with 3.2% energy regen. Before the update I was getting a 13 second decrease, but now it is only 9 seconds.

As far as I know we didn't change this at all. I'll check with some of the engineers tomm.

My bad, it hasn't changed. Depends on when I enter a location or not, that time difference is what I was seeing. Oops.
Firekeeper

Postby Hobbit » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm

The update really did nothing to help a Mage. Still vastly inferior to the Justicar and SW.

If you go to one hand yes you are faster but still slower than SW for sure and much weaker because one hand is melee based and no Mages are melee built so you lose all your magic that virtually all mages use in lieu of melee (even Venan tells you don't use melee for mages). Also no Mage I think has used 1H weapon enhancement so if you've used 2H you lose that too.

Justicars have brutal strike and slash that delay opponents. Also have heroic will that speeds up any attack. And unless you use a 1H weapon which greatly weakens you Justys are faster than mages in general. And they have the stun blow too. also heroic will lessens cool down times for attacks.

SW are way faster than mages that use 2H and and still faster if mages use 1H which they shouldn't. Also have ensnare and smoke bomb. Two very fast slow down or stun moves. Also have caltrops (slow down, fast and damaged). Also smoke bomb lessens cool down times for attacks

Mages have icy grasp which is far and away their best pvp attack. The only other slow down or stun is ice lance but it's slower than all other class slow down/stun moves other than brutal strike. Yes they have time interrupt but unless you can use it then icy grasp it's really not very good because it doesn't stun or slow down or knock back. So whoever you are fighting is almost always faster and just starts the attack again.

This is my first post in a forum but I think it was time. I also have 3 toons (1 in each class) and have used them all in pvp and have fought all the classes many times. My highest might toon is a Mage and is 4-20 or close to it. 3 wins vs mages and 1 vs Justy I believe. My mid might toon is a SW. Is 117-19 or close to it. 41-0 vs mages, 41-3 vs Justys, and 27-16 or close to that vs SW. If those stats alone doesn't tell you something. And I've fought all the classes since the update and not much difference.

My Justicar is the weakest and is about 500 win pct but with limited experience.

For pvp Venan should either make the Mage faster or make the 1H magic base. Also time interrupt should stun or interrupt/kickback/slow down opponent to give the mage more equal footing with those type of attacks that the other classes have. I also think it should lessen cool down times as both other classes have abilities that do that and the Mage does not.

I'll add at one time well before now an advantage a Mage would of had is magic attacks couldn't be dodged. Now they can and again that just took away something else from the Mage. Add to that Justicar has backswing so dodging a Justicar attack is crippled and the SW is so fast they can many times do 2 attacks befor a Mage can do one. Plus with riposte when they spell dodge they can attack immediately (and they are already the fastest class and you can get this up to 60%)

And finally snap cast can really help a Mage but at level 3 it's only 6%. Severely less pct than riposte if you choose to have dodge high heroic will is much better. At least for pvp I would suggest 5% for each level.

Appreciate a thoughtful response to this post.

Thanks
Hobbit

Postby Magic_Rat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:13 pm

notallthatfat wrote:I am not a fan of the nerfs, because i am not going to do pvp, personally, could it just go onto effect in the arena?

This in spades. Why can't you implent something that is arena based. On a personal note I think your implementation of PvP is even more amateurish than Venan's usual efforts :( The opponent selection should be much tighter.
Magic_Rat

Postby Cacher » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:09 pm

I think maybe there are just not enough customer pool (players) at the high level? With your might:P there just not that many people to fight with to begin with ?
Cacher

Postby CrzyHopper » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 pm

How about a 1h wand for mages Venan? Magic based so they don't lose by not investing in melee. It can be weaker but faster like all 1h weapons compared to 2h. They can also hold a shield if so desired.
Problem solved?...
CrzyHopper

Postby Romain » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:How about a 1h wand for mages Venan? Magic based so they don't lose by not investing in melee. It can be weaker but faster like all 1h weapons compared to 2h. They can also hold a shield if so desired.
Problem solved?...

What is the issue with the current 1h weapon (apart from the even more useless basic attack)?
Romain

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Romain wrote:
CrzyHopper wrote:How about a 1h wand for mages Venan? Magic based so they don't lose by not investing in melee. It can be weaker but faster like all 1h weapons compared to 2h. They can also hold a shield if so desired.
Problem solved?...

What is the issue with the current 1h weapon (apart from the even more useless basic attack)?

1H Sword gets no damage bonus for a mage, as mages are magic based, and the sword is melee based.

Crzy,
Its funny you said 1H Wand, I had thought about requesting a wand earlier this morning. :D
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Romain » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 am

1H Sword gets no damage bonus for a mage, as mages are magic based, and the sword is melee based.

Sorry, I still do not understand. What does that mean exactly? If I upgrade my sword level, I do more damage. If I increase my magic rating, I also do. So which part are we missing with a sword?
Romain

Postby Sim0n » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Sword are not melee based for mage unless you actually attack with the sword. I have used a sword for more than a year and I'm a mage, I don't see any problem with it.
Sim0n

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates