Update 1.6 - Preview

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6 - Preview

Postby Darkhorse » Sun May 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Classydame wrote:I wish we had a release date on 1.6, even if it were just an estimate

There are a lot of reasons we cannot offer a release date. Most of them are technical reasons that have to do with Google and Apple approval process. However, there are also other considerations.

All in all, putting a release date out there (even if it's just an estimate) is risky business. Inevitably there are also always a bunch of people who want to say "BUT YOU PROMISED X DATE!" when we miss.

That being said, 1.6 will hopefully be released very soon!
Darkhorse

Postby EricM » Mon May 06, 2013 12:16 am

Darkhorse wrote:
Classydame wrote:I wish we had a release date on 1.6, even if it were just an estimate

There are a lot of reasons we cannot offer a release date. Most of them are technical reasons that have to do with Google and Apple approval process. However, there are also other considerations.

All in all, putting a release date out there (even if it's just an estimate) is risky business. Inevitably there are also always a bunch of people who want to say "BUT YOU PROMISED X DATE!" when we miss.

That being said, 1.6 will hopefully be released very soon!

This is true, but we all know about the apple approval process, how varied it is, and whatnot. But that doesn't necessarily mean you can't estimate when you'll release the built to apple. Although, i totally understand the "But you promised this date" argument. Frustrating for both sides.
EricM

Postby InMyOffice » Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Fizz_tennischamp5 wrote:
4MO_InMyOffice wrote:CoC is just the shortcut/loophole for high might players to get to the top of the leaderboard - I've done it before, it's just a huge waste of energy for the week.

If its a waste of energy, you're obviously not doing it right -_-

It's hands down the best hero training in the game. It's just about the only way to obtain a decent amount of hero training in a raid without spending a solid amount of gs.

Until my hero training is maxed, its no more a waste of energy than portal farming or vg raiding is. If anything, vg raiding will eventually become useless when t6 or higher comes out. Hero training is the one thing that will stick to you.

I'm so glad Mithrid took the time to type out a well thought out response that clearly defined our side of the CoC argument, so I didn't have to waste my time explaining a very basic concept to you. The point of my post, and the reason Venan is making the change to begin with, is because people are using CoC as it wasn't intended, to sit at the top of leaderboards undeserved. The hero score leaderboards are completely tainted, and don't reflect the real "leaders" in the game. Hero training points were not even a part of the discussion, and don't need to be adjusted necessarily. It seems like you just wanted to argue for argument's sake - as your whole post is completely unrelated to the main point of my post. Maybe a reading comprehension course or two could help you to understand what others are trying to convey in their posts, because you're obviously not doing it right. -_-

-Dave
InMyOffice

Postby EricM » Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 pm

4MO_InMyOffice wrote:I'm so glad Mithrid took the time to type out a well thought out response that clearly defined our side of the CoC argument, so I didn't have to waste my time explaining a very basic concept to you. The point of my post, and the reason Venan is making the change to begin with, is because people are using CoC as it wasn't intended, to sit at the top of leaderboards undeserved. The hero score leaderboards are completely tainted, and don't reflect the real "leaders" in the game. Hero training points were not even a part of the discussion, and don't need to be adjusted necessarily. It seems like you just wanted to argue for argument's sake - as your whole post is completely unrelated to the main point of my post. Maybe a reading comprehension course or two could help you to understand what others are trying to convey in their posts, because you're obviously not doing it right. -_-

-Dave

I'm in the wrong here, I apologize. I took the convo in a direction it probably didn't need to go. I agree that using CoC to top the leader boards is against the direction CoC was meant to be intended. I did a poor job explaining my point, and went on a tangent. All I was hoping to get across is that one of the big reasons CoC is useful is the ht, and ever since the possibility of a ht nerf has been brought about by venan, I've been trying to raise awareness of that fact. Also, many people have this idea that the only reason players use CoC is to gain hero score quickly (those who start it, dump e, cancel, repeat). You stated in your post that you've done CoC and it was a waste of energy, and the tone you took sounded like one of those who didn't understand the ht benefit, and I wished to explain that there is a ht aspect of it too that is often overlooked. Nothing more.

My bad.
EricM

Postby InMyOffice » Tue May 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Fizz_tennischamp5 wrote:
4MO_InMyOffice wrote:I'm so glad Mithrid took the time to type out a well thought out response that clearly defined our side of the CoC argument, so I didn't have to waste my time explaining a very basic concept to you. The point of my post, and the reason Venan is making the change to begin with, is because people are using CoC as it wasn't intended, to sit at the top of leaderboards undeserved. The hero score leaderboards are completely tainted, and don't reflect the real "leaders" in the game. Hero training points were not even a part of the discussion, and don't need to be adjusted necessarily. It seems like you just wanted to argue for argument's sake - as your whole post is completely unrelated to the main point of my post. Maybe a reading comprehension course or two could help you to understand what others are trying to convey in their posts, because you're obviously not doing it right. -_-

-Dave

I'm in the wrong here, I apologize. I took the convo in a direction it probably didn't need to go. I agree that using CoC to top the leader boards is against the direction CoC was meant to be intended. I did a poor job explaining my point, and went on a tangent. All I was hoping to get across is that one of the big reasons CoC is useful is the ht, and ever since the possibility of a ht nerf has been brought about by venan, I've been trying to raise awareness of that fact. Also, many people have this idea that the only reason players use CoC is to gain hero score quickly (those who start it, dump e, cancel, repeat). You stated in your post that you've done CoC and it was a waste of energy, and the tone you took sounded like one of those who didn't understand the ht benefit, and I wished to explain that there is a ht aspect of it too that is often overlooked. Nothing more.

My bad.

Dang it Tennis, I was looking for a fun flame war versus a worthy adversary, but you just HAD to take the high road. I guess some players are just too mature to be baited into a meaningless battle of wits over a minor misunderstanding about the details of a mobile game...I never thought I'd see the day...

Touché, sir. ;)

-Dave
InMyOffice

Postby CodeMonkey » Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Tiffy wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
[*]You gain loyalty as you defeat waves during a guild raid. As you gain more loyalty, you will increase in loyalty level which unlocks unique perks

Does it mean CoC is gonna be fastest way and cheapest way to increase guild loyalty... :roll:

No, we took this into account. You can't earn more guild loyalty than the amount of energy you spent on an encounter.

There is always a chance we may relax this for max level content, but we want to see how things pan out first.

As for the hero score nerf, we thing the change will be positive overall for the BoH community. As soon as a handful of people started using CoC to farm insane amounts of hero score, it forced anyone else who wanted to compete on the leaderboard to follow suit and farm lower level content for hours on end. We want the leaderboard to more accurately reflect player activity during the week, rather than to just show you who farmed a mid level raid more.
CodeMonkey

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Dave wrote:
As for the hero score nerf, we thing the change will be positive overall for the BoH community. As soon as a handful of people started using CoC to farm insane amounts of hero score, it forced anyone else who wanted to compete on the leaderboard to follow suit and farm lower level content for hours on end. We want the leaderboard to more accurately reflect player activity during the week, rather than to just show you who farmed a mid level raid more.

HEY!! Dave (and Venan by implication) just openly stated what many of us have been pointing out for what seems like forever!
I feel vindicated. 8-) :lol: :D
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby PhoenixÆterna » Wed May 08, 2013 2:28 am

Tiffy wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:
[*]You gain loyalty as you defeat waves during a guild raid. As you gain more loyalty, you will increase in loyalty level which unlocks unique perks

Does it mean CoC is gonna be fastest way and cheapest way to increase guild loyalty... :roll:

LOL :lol:
PhoenixÆterna

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Dave wrote:
Tiffy wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:

No, we took this into account. You can't earn more guild loyalty than the amount of energy you spent on an encounter.

Fastest & cheapest way I have found so far to get Guild Loyalty is to get Guild Challenge Loot (Blue Bags on most devices).
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby RumanticK » Thu May 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Bj_DWR wrote:Fastest & cheapest way I have found so far to get Guild Loyalty is to get Guild Challenge Loot (Blue Bags on most devices).

Fastest way is to get guild challenge loot on raids =)
RumanticK

Previous

Return to Game Updates