Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

Postby Gosu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

The way I see it, if pvp is ever going to be implemented in the future - reducing a haste cap which benefits a single class more than others should be well received.

I don't see how this change in the haste cap is "stealing" from players. If you can do without the elixir or haste potion to reach the new 75% cap, then it just makes it cheaper to play this game. It makes sense to me - that if u can play without an elixir or a pot, that you would be spending less money and resources on this game. So how does this update show that Venan are just a bunch of money grabbers?

Unless of course the top SWs are claiming that this nerf in the haste cap has rendered the class unplayable and too weak. But the way I see it, players are just unhappy when they cannot play at the same intensity as before - doesn't mean that it's unplayable.
Gosu

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, thank you for taking the time to finally weigh in here with some explanations, LV. And thank you, too, for being so forthcoming on how you intend to do business going forward, especially regarding the truly ephemeral nature of our investment. Knowing up front empowers us to make more informed decisions about our investments in the game.

I do have one question that's still nagging me:

Question: If you have been aware of this haste 'Bug' for two months, why not alert players to it in a more timely and fitting fashion? Doing so would have headed off all of this eleventh-hour acrimony and, for me personally, saved about 1500+ Energy Mine encounters and all the time, gs burning, and boredom suffered for the delayed gratification it entailed these past three weeks?
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Mikl wrote:
Killer_Spoon wrote:Back to you, Mikl, how does the change improve 'balance'?

And yes Spoonkilla', I agree that if we met in person it's quite likely that we would like each other ;)

:( Just lost a rather lengthy reply to you..... Here's the gyst:

1. Re: your comment above..... yyep. :) And I appreciate your reply!

2. We can agree to disagree on any affect the change had on 'balance.' LV himself described it in terms of an 'overpowered' issue. Relative to...? players? nope. benefits available to all. monsters? lol. really now. servers? probably getting closer to truth here but why not just say it?

3. I will survive, respec, and maximize my toon through other means. My real issue was with how Venan handled it, which cost me dearly right up until the morning of the announcement. see my question to Venan.

4. Hope to bump into you in game sometime soon. :)
Last edited by Lovin_Spoon_Full on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Postby McKeevs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Work on expanding the game past level 29. With not questing available this game was the most enormous waste of... Well.... Everything
McKeevs

Postby Thyme » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Wow, so all of that, and still no apology for short notice or lack of communication to people who wasted loads of time and gs on stocking elixirs and farming for the haste pot? Do you not realize that had we had prior notice and had not wasted our resources the last few weeks due to lack of information, we would be so much less irate?!

And there appears to be the intention of continuing to move forward with spontaneous updates in a similar fashion. Excellent. :/

Furthermore, comments in global from Venan employees that "this isn't a democracy" have soured my outlook on this game. No, this isn't a government; it's a business, and you're alienating your old and loyal customers by dismissing our feedback. Who would continue to purchase the product when they have been told their opinion will be ignored?
Thyme

Postby Lovin_Spoon_Full » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Cerridwen wrote:Wow, so all of that, and still no apology for short notice or lack of communication to people who wasted loads of time and gs on stocking elixirs and farming for the haste pot? Do you not realize that had we had prior notice and had not wasted our resources the last few weeks due to lack of information, we would be so much less irate?!

And there appears to be the intention of continuing to move forward with spontaneous updates in a similar fashion. Excellent. :/

Furthermore, comments in global from Venan employees that "this isn't a democracy" have soured my outlook on this game. No, this isn't a government; it's a business, and you're alienating your old and loyal customers by dismissing our feedback. Who would continue to purchase the product when they have been told their opinion will be ignored?

well said, Cerri.
Lovin_Spoon_Full

Postby Bimbosigliere » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Bbbb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Here are my thoughts:

1. Venan needs to give more advanced notice of game play changes. It would be awesome for you all to outline the flaws in the gameplay that you hope (not promise) to fix/change down the road. That would allow players to make more informed long term decisions.
2. Venan should refund any unused haste elixirs if requested. Have not seen the official position.
3. I am 100% fine with the change. I wasn't surprised by it honestly.
4. Derrin, you are crazy. :lol:
5. Greed is not an argument against Venan in this case. If anything, this change will result in less income due to less elixir purchases.
6. One person earlier said "most players". Over 99% of the players are not impacted by this change in any way and couldn't care less. In fact, most of the very vocal people in this thread are in the same guild.
7. Drach, I am sorry for your farming. Most people have been burned like that at some point. I know I still hear the really old timers complain about the Legacy equipment from early last year. Personally, my Justicar is overgemmed in Magic and my SW in melee due to changes between 1.4 and 1.5 that I am still working out. Live and learn which you seem to be doing.
Bbbb

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

We're sorry for the short notice with this update, we will try to do better in informing the players of upcoming changes in the future. As for returns, we will refund players any unused Elixirs of Speed (both variants) or Elixirs that are currently in effect. We will refund any Elixirs that were purchased before the update for up to 3 days. After which, our normal refund policy will be back in effect. As a reminder, our normal refund policy is we will only refund items that have been purchased within 3 days.
Little_Mike

Postby Ariane » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Little Mike: Why up to 3 days?

I bought several elixir of speed in advance and used one recently + have more in stock.
The fact that I bought them earlier (with even less knowledge of this update) should not be relevant regarding a refund policy.

I bought several 25% greater haste elixirs, not 15% ones. I see no reason to not be refunded.
I spent GS (real money) on a service you don't deliver any longer.

Thank you in advance for a more appropriate refund policy.
Ariane

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates