Update 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Awesome patch....

Postby Palas_the_thief_of_Eld » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 am

Hey guys, thank u for the great job u are doing so far.... game is rly good!! :)

I just wanna ask for one thing... can u please have the events announced only in the event tab?
It's just a thought... but I rly don't see the reason event tab has been made if events are gonna be announced everywhere! Plus, portals spawn all the time now, so every 1 hr(approximately) we got like 6 different yellow colored posts!

Thanks for the fun game you made.... keep up the good work ! :)

Thanks, Palas the Great
Palas_the_thief_of_Eld

Re: Patch 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

Postby Gemma » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:44 pm

I didn't mind when it was announced that mobs and bosses would have passive abilities, but I think you guys went overboard on the boss passive ability proc rates. For me at least, dungeon bosses are now resisting about 50% of my spells' special abilities (pushback, stun, interrupt, etc.). It's costing me a ton of healing potions and makes it not even worth using runes as they're just wasted. Please reconsider the proc rates. My toons are all level 30, so it's not like I'm trying to kill bosses way above my level.
Gemma

Postby _cf_ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Gemma wrote:I didn't mind when it was announced that mobs and bosses would have passive abilities, but I think you guys went overboard on the boss passive ability proc rates. For me at least, dungeon bosses are now resisting about 50% of my spells' special abilities (pushback, stun, interrupt, etc.). It's costing me a ton of healing potions and makes it not even worth using runes as they're just wasted. Please reconsider the proc rates. My toons are all level 30, so it's not like I'm trying to kill bosses way above my level.

frustrating no doubt, but more challenging and i love this new update generally. on one hand, i really wish it was pre 1.5.3 but that certainly takes the challenge and fun out of the game. in fact, i feel that the bosses still can be given more oomph. i'm up for the challenge but only disadvantage to an even more powerful boss ... it means it takes a lot more presses to accomplish the kill and that to me and i believe to many others ... a major no no unless we have more time to game.

on the note of those events announcements etc. perhaps a viable solution is to have a customised option where players are able to choose to toggle on/off and where they would love the announcements to be. this might be a major overhaul in coding ... i've no idea as i'm purely a consumer. but how the developers decide to move ahead, i'm sure they will consider to refine the game time to time again as they have shown us in the past.

p.s. thanks for providing us such a lovely community to enjoy the game.
_cf_

Postby Gemma » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 am

I don't mind harder or longer boss fights, but when pushback, stun, slow, interrupt, etc. abilities are resisted so often that half the time those spells are effectively plain damage spells, then something's wrong. The fact that I even consider not using Icy Grasp on my Mage on boss fights because without the stun, that spell is pretty much useless, says it all. I'm pretty sure the intent of giving bosses passive abilities was not to render ineffective half the available spells and pretty much all runes.

In addition, because spells are resisted so often, I'm now barely surviving some of the boss fights. And I don't just stick to one spell rotation. I actually time the use of health potions and determine my spells based on what the boss is casting and how long its and my cast times are.

Again, I have no problem with boss passive abilities, I would just like to see their proc rates reduced a little.
Gemma

Previous

Return to Game Updates