Update 1.5 - December 20, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5 - December 20, 2012

Postby wsx406 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 am

They never mentioned the gem shards used in some lockboxes.

How do you get the gem shards anyways?
wsx406

Postby natural20 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 pm

So I'm having trouble figuring out what was "given" to compensate for what was "taken".All my abilities are drastically lower now and potion consumption is now a must.It seems like it was just a big nerfing patch.Some enemies are getting off 2 attacks before my first cause my attacks seem to take longer now since my haste dropped over 10%.

Am I missing something?I hate to whine about a game, but I spent real $ beefing my character and now it seems like a big waste of my hard earned cash.

I do like a lot of stuff in the new version, but I now feel spending any $ is pointless as it could be rendered useless after another update.
natural20

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

TCG_japster wrote:"Frozen stuns an enemy and reduces resistance to Ice damage by 15% for 3 seconds."

I'd like to check if the reduced resistance to ice remains even after the stun has been broken. I.e. does the enemy have reduced resistance to ice spells for 3 whole seconds regardless of breaking the stun, or does the reduced resistance go away with the stun?

Similarly, for Icy Grasp, does the increased damage taken from ice stay for the full 3 seconds, or only for the next attack, i.e. when stun is broken?

Also, is the reduced ice resistance debuff from "frozen" really the same thing as the increased ice damage debuff for icy grasp? They seem similar but are worded differently. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks!

P.S. the patch notes here say Icy Grasp increases ice damage by 30% but in-game it's only 15%. I'm guessing a nerf bat occurred somewhere, but please edit these notes to reflect it! Thanks.

Icy Grasp puts the Frozen debuff on the enemy. Frozen changed, but the ability text in the notes were not updated properly, thanks. Once the Frozen debuff is removed, the enemy will no longer have the 15% ice resistance reduction.

wsx406 wrote:They never mentioned the gem shards used in some lockboxes.

How do you get the gem shards anyways?

Sorry, this didn't make the notes. I will be explaining this in today's maintenance notes. There are now lockboxes available sold for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Gem shards that will award a random Gem of that Tier. Some middle tiered bosses will now drop Tier 3 Gem shards, while higher tiered bosses will drop Tier 4 Gem shards.

natural20 wrote:So I'm having trouble figuring out what was "given" to compensate for what was "taken".All my abilities are drastically lower now and potion consumption is now a must.It seems like it was just a big nerfing patch.Some enemies are getting off 2 attacks before my first cause my attacks seem to take longer now since my haste dropped over 10%.

Am I missing something?I hate to whine about a game, but I spent real $ beefing my character and now it seems like a big waste of my hard earned cash.

I do like a lot of stuff in the new version, but I now feel spending any $ is pointless as it could be rendered useless after another update.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but unfortunately, we needed to balance the game more appropriately for the future health of the game and to prepare for PvP. As Lord Venan has stated in his update notes, we have added a lot to this patch. We think that the combat changes have made combat more streamlined and more interesting even though players now take damage. We also have given players a lot of new things to do such as the world events and crafting system which we believe will make the game experience even better. Thank you for your continued support of the game and stay tuned, we have more things in store for Book of Heroes.
Little_Mike

Real World Budgeting

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 pm

natural20 wrote:

Several of my Guild members who choosen hybrid Shadow Walker and hybrid Justicar say their friends with Magic Focused Shadow Walkers and Melee Focused Justicars are upset with the nerfing. It appears that one of Venan's goals was to make Melee Shadow Walkers and Magic Justicars better choices. This is hinted at with Venan adding the new ability War Mage "Staff Attack" which replaces "Basic Attack" with a 100% Damage Spell Attack when weilding a Staff. Melee Focus was never an option for War Mages, unlike Shadow Walkers and Justicars. "Corrosive Blades" makes Shadow Walker Melee abilities more attractive. "Rend" makes Justicar Magic abilities more attractive.

I plan my Real World Budget by asking "what can I afford to lose, if I cannot play BoH every again?" Several times I, or Guild members, have had to stop playing due to Real World Concerns like Floods, Marriages, Deployment to the Middle East, etc.

Currently my Wife has a free ($0 IAP) character which can get into "Forgotten Sentinels", with the new shard drops, you can even get Tier 4 Gems for free. You do not have to pay to enjoy it BoH.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby natural20 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Don't get me wrong, Little Mike.I like the update.I guess I'm just a little butthurt at being weaker and needing to rely on potions.(I HATE having to use potions during a melee!)

Either way I'm done pouting and will now focus on rebuilding a more duelist/weaponmaster type sw.
natural20

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:58 pm

natural20 wrote:Don't get me wrong, Little Mike.I like the update.I guess I'm just a little butthurt at being weaker and needing to rely on potions.(I HATE having to use potions during a melee!)

Either way I'm done pouting and will now focus on rebuilding a more duelist/weaponmaster type sw.

It's fine, we totally understand your point of view. It was a hard decision we needed to make. We are all gamers here and we know how much people dislike these sort of changes.
Little_Mike

Postby japster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Little_Mike wrote:[*]Deep Freeze (Passive): Increases slow effect of Ice spells by 5%/10%/15% and gives Ice spells a 5%/10%/15% chance to Freeze.

[*]Ice Mastery (Passive): Increases damage of Ice spells by 5%/10%/15%.[/list]

[*]Chilled reduces enemy haste and dodge chance by 15% for 5 seconds.

Sorry Mike, but more mechanics stuff to ask!

1. Ice Mastery: Is it additive or multiplicative?
2. I assume Deep Freeze and Chilled are additive. Chilled reduces haste and dodge by 15%. However, does Deep Freeze also decrease enemy dodge by a further 15%? Or is it only the slow aspect that is improved by Deep Freeze?

Thanks!
japster

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm

TCG_japster wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:[*]Deep Freeze (Passive): Increases slow effect of Ice spells by 5%/10%/15% and gives Ice spells a 5%/10%/15% chance to Freeze.

[*]Ice Mastery (Passive): Increases damage of Ice spells by 5%/10%/15%.[/list]

[*]Chilled reduces enemy haste and dodge chance by 15% for 5 seconds.

Sorry Mike, but more mechanics stuff to ask!

1. Ice Mastery: Is it additive or multiplicative?
2. I assume Deep Freeze and Chilled are additive. Chilled reduces haste and dodge by 15%. However, does Deep Freeze also decrease enemy dodge by a further 15%? Or is it only the slow aspect that is improved by Deep Freeze?

Thanks!

1. Ice Mastery is multiplicative. If you do 200 damage and you have Ice Mastery 3, you will do 230 damage.
2. They are additive, so with both, you will do -30% Dodge and -30% Haste. EDIT: Mistook Deep Freeze with Frozen.
Little_Mike

Postby japster » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
1. Ice Mastery is multiplicative. If you do 200 damage and you have Ice Mastery 3, you will do 230 damage.
2. They are additive, so with both, you will do -30% Dodge and -15% Haste.

Cool. Thanks! Did you mean -30% haste? Typo or...?
japster

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:18 pm

TCG_japster wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:
2. They are additive, so with both, you will do -30% Dodge and -15% Haste.

Cool. Thanks! Did you mean -30% haste? Typo or...?

Sorry I mistook Deep Freeze with Frozen... yes it is -30% haste.
Little_Mike

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates