Update 1.4.2 - October 5, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.4.2 - October 5, 2012

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 am

Correct, London is not using GMT right now because they observe day light savings. It's similar how EST (-5) is sometimes used by people all year around except during day light savings it is actually EDT (-4). If you look up in Google "time in London", it will say the timezone is BST.
Little_Mike

Postby doodllz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 am

Little_Mike wrote:Correct, London is not using GMT right now because they observe day light savings. It's similar how EST (-5) is sometimes used by people all year around except during day light savings it is actually EDT (-4). If you look up in Google "time in London", it will say the timezone is BST.

Oh right I see, I did not take that into consideration, thank you for the clarification.
doodllz

Postby Romain » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 am

I just wanted to say that the patch is very nice. It's a really sleek 1.4 with most issues corrected (I still got my RPP reset somehow yesterday without leaving the raid...) and the new graphics are great.
Now I hope we don't have to wait for too long for 1.5 :)
Romain

Postby Cvanderhoef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 am

I can't even play since the new update. It asks to add the 80MB HD update and I say yes. It errors out at about 47k. Replay again and it wants to update another 24k which it does sometimes. Once I do get in the app it crashes after about 1 minute. I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times, even choosing not to install the 80MB HD update and it still crashes. Not cool!
Cvanderhoef

Postby Blackstaff » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

Just a thought. Is there anything in the works for mailing items/money to other players or other characters on the same account?
Blackstaff

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Cvanderhoef wrote:I can't even play since the new update. It asks to add the 80MB HD update and I say yes. It errors out at about 47k. Replay again and it wants to update another 24k which it does sometimes. Once I do get in the app it crashes after about 1 minute. I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times, even choosing not to install the 80MB HD update and it still crashes. Not cool!

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. We recommend that you have at least 200 MB free if you want to run HD graphics, or 60 MB free if not. Please try the following.

1) Go into Book of Heroes main menu, then go into options, and then reset content.
2) Completely shut down Book of Heroes by double tapping the home key, tap and hold on the Book of Heroes icon, and then tap on the minus button to shut it down.
3) Make sure you have 200 MB free on your device for HD, or 60 MB free for normal.
4) If you are unable to free 200 MB, when you launch Book of Heroes, go into the options screen and turn off HD graphics. Then restart the game.
5) After you do all this, you should be good to go. Try playing again and download the content packages.

Even though the HD package is around 80 MB, more space is required in order to download the package and extract its contents. Once properly extracted, it will use far less space than what we recommend.
Little_Mike

Postby Little_Mike » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Blackstaff wrote:Just a thought. Is there anything in the works for mailing items/money to other players or other characters on the same account?

At the moment, we do not have a timetable for this feature. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

Postby Cvanderhoef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
Cvanderhoef wrote:I can't even play since the new update. It asks to add the 80MB HD update and I say yes. It errors out at about 47k. Replay again and it wants to update another 24k which it does sometimes. Once I do get in the app it crashes after about 1 minute. I've deleted and reinstalled the app several times, even choosing not to install the 80MB HD update and it still crashes. Not cool!

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. We recommend that you have at least 200 MB free if you want to run HD graphics, or 60 MB free if not. Please try the following.

1) Go into Book of Heroes main menu, then go into options, and then reset content.
2) Completely shut down Book of Heroes by double tapping the home key, tap and hold on the Book of Heroes icon, and then tap on the minus button to shut it down.
3) Make sure you have 200 MB free on your device for HD, or 60 MB free for normal.
4) If you are unable to free 200 MB, when you launch Book of Heroes, go into the options screen and turn off HD Toygraphics. Then restart the game.
5) After you do all this, you should be good to go. Try playing again and download the content packages.

Even though the HD package is around 80 MB, more space is required in order to download the package and extract its contents. Once properly extracted, it will use far less space than what we recommend.

I have over 10 GB left but I will try that. The problem is with the Apple device. My Google device runs fine.
Cvanderhoef

Postby Cvanderhoef » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

It's still a no go. I followed your instructions and it didn't work. This time it didn't ask me to download the 80MB HD upgrade. It did download an almost 17kb file, though.
Cvanderhoef

Postby routters » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Have War Mages been nerfed? Frozen Shard and Ice Storm no longer stack.
routters

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates