Update 1.4.2 - October 5, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.4.2 - October 5, 2012

Postby Amadeo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:23 pm

DID YOU GUYS FORGET TO ADD PATCH TO GOOGLE STORE?
Little_Mike wrote:Update

We have a workaround in place for an issue that was discovered during maintenance and have published the clients on iOS and Android. We expect the clients will be made available for download within an hour and will be turning the servers back on at 6 PM EDT/10 PM GMT.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Amadeo

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Servers down again!!!
Celestial_Cavalier

Postby Lady_Katy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Sometimes it can take a bit of time from when we say "Go!" to when Google Play decides to push the game out. It usually takes no more than an hour. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to streamline that process.

We are aware of a server issue at this time. We will post updates when we have more information. Sorry for the extended delay.
Lady_Katy

Postby beekeo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:55 pm

After the last update, someone suggested going into the applications control panel and resetting data for the google play market. Alternatively you can go to the app page in a web browser and refresh until you see 1.4.2 and install the update from there.
beekeo

Postby AIE_Doomherald » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Update Available on Google Play Store now!
AIE_Doomherald

Postby Aiyardana » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Nice sharp update! Everything looks so crisp and in focus! Well done!

But, I am curious, what order are my friends? It used to be by Hero Score, but now it seems alphabetical. Is there a way to adjust that? I kinda liked that competitive feel of trying to edge up on someone...
Aiyardana

Postby CodeMonkey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Aiyardana wrote:Nice sharp update! Everything looks so crisp and in focus! Well done!

But, I am curious, what order are my friends? It used to be by Hero Score, but now it seems alphabetical. Is there a way to adjust that? I kinda liked that competitive feel of trying to edge up on someone...

The old friends list (which used to be called leaderboard) was sorted by hero score mainly because we did not have a working unified leaderboard system. We changed it to be alphabetical to make it easier to find people on it. The intent is that you'll use the new leaderboards to compete with your friends, but in retrospect we probably should have made it easier to find them on there.

We'll consider adding more sorting options to the friends list, or highlighting your friends on the new leaderboards for a future update.
CodeMonkey

Re: Patch 1.4.2 - PREVIEW

Postby GuyCutter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
GuyCutter wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:Update

Feats
[list]We will not be retroactively adjusting Hero Token rewards for feats already completed.

So if we have continued to play and improve we wont get the rewards, basically you're penalizing loyalty! Kind of heinous (are you owned by a cable company?)

I think you might be misunderstanding the change. If you already completed a given achievement, you would have already received the Hero Token rewards. Since these rewards have changed across all achievements, it is not feasible for us to update the amount of Hero Tokens you would have received if you completed the achievement post-1.4.2. I hope that clarifies things.

I totally did misunderstand! Sorry, it's all great! Thanks for the hard work.
GuyCutter

Postby doodllz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:46 am

Great changes though server time GMT is actually GMT+1 so not really GMT -just thought I'd throw that out there incase you didn't notice.

Also wondering if you will add a group mail option, like just to officer's, veterans and veterans & officers.

Would there also be a chat channel for veterans only and also veterans and officer's only?
doodllz

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm

doodllz wrote:Great changes though server time GMT is actually GMT+1 so not really GMT -just thought I'd throw that out there incase you didn't notice.

According to my iPod Touch, British Summer Time(London) is currently +1 hour ahead of Greenwhich Mean Time ( not to be confused with GMT astronomy, often referred to as GMT or GAMT). If you are using London as your City, that might be the problem.

I believe the server is actually Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) which matches GMT but not GMT astronomy or GAMT. Confused yet?

I just have a note on my iPod Touch with my Guild's Raid times according to my local time zone.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates