Update 1.4.1 - August 23, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Update 1.4.1 - August 23, 2012

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 pm

We are rolling out a client update tomorrow, August 23rd at 11am server time. Expected downtime is about an hour.

NOTE: There will be no compensation for failed raids due to the maintenance interruption. So plan your schedules accordingly.

Raids
  • The user who started the raid is now indicated in the post-raid report mail.
  • The guild name has been added to push notification messages that indicate the start of a raid.

Combat
  • Crit power is now being applied correctly to damage-over-time effects.

Quests and Zones
  • Plague Bats have been added back to Ferndell Swamp. As a result, A Stroll in the Swamp is now correctly completable within that area.
  • Assassins now count as part of the Bandit faction.

User Interface
  • When registering a Venan ID account, the application now caches the login name properly.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a potential timing issue when entering a raid right as the warm up time ends that could cause sync errors.
  • Hitting 'Continue' after combat will no longer lock up the game if items drop when the character's inventory is full.
  • If your guild is full and you try to accept the 61st member, the application will no longer lock up.
  • Newline characters next to profane words no longer get replaced with '*' by the profanity filter.
  • Dismissing the keyboard in chat by tapping off the keyboard will no longer cause entered text to be sent immediately.
  • Mystery boxes should no longer appear to display empty rewards following certain network error conditions.
  • When reloading into an existing combat, different ranks of similar buffs and debuffs are now restored correctly.

iOS
  • The reminder notification for health and energy fill-up now issues reminders for energy only.

Android
  • The text entry dialogs have been rearranged. As a result, auto-correct popups will no longer crash certain Android devices.
Little_Mike

Re: Patch 1.4.1 - August 23, 2012

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 pm

So, is the onslaught energy and time limit set now, or is it possibly going to change?
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby Doctor_Love_Money_Shot » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Pureawesomeness wrote:So, is the onslaught energy and time limit set now, or is it possibly going to change?

I was really hoping SC would be "fixed" in this update to not suck so bad and take such a huge time commitment of actual playing for no increased KV and HT and Power benefit to the guild over what Vallus already offers. Sadly, it looks like we will still be avoiding SC until this untenable problem is fixed :(
Doctor_Love_Money_Shot

Postby Romain » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:42 am

Doctor_Love wrote:I was really hoping SC would be "fixed" in this update to not suck so bad and take such a huge time commitment of actual playing for no increased KV and HT and Power benefit to the guild over what Vallus already offers. Sadly, it looks like we will still be avoiding SC until this untenable problem is fixed :(

Ha ha. I thought "this is the kind of things Doctor_Love could say" and then saw the name of the author. :mrgreen:
I've got to agree. I think I'm doing "fairly well" in onslaught, meaning still getting more valor than in a Vallus for the same amount of energy and I definitely like the fact that it's not as repetitive but the level of commitment required to play it is way too high. Anyway nice bug fixes and good to see it'll be a bit easier to kill bandits.
Romain

Postby saimario » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I not see the Update in google play store. :(
saimario

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

We are currently waiting for Google to push the build out to their content servers. Please check Google Play periodically for version 1.4.1 as it should be available for download soon.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

Postby saimario » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you.
saimario

Postby Delfonic » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Last night when I logged out my alt Delmon(lv 20) was at 438/450 bandits remaining on the feat. After I updated and logged on today the first thing that popped up was the completion thing for the bandit feat, but when I went to train there were no tokens to use. I was told to email you what happened, but my phone won't do it for some reason. If anything could be done great, but I'm not extremely worried about it save that's 270 tokens I could use to train. Sry I'm using this for help, but I had no other way.
Delfonic

Postby Demitra » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Huzzah for adding the guild name to the raid start alert.
Demitra

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Delfonic wrote:Last night when I logged out my alt Delmon(lv 20) was at 438/450 bandits remaining on the feat. After I updated and logged on today the first thing that popped up was the completion thing for the bandit feat, but when I went to train there were no tokens to use. I was told to email you what happened, but my phone won't do it for some reason. If anything could be done great, but I'm not extremely worried about it save that's 270 tokens I could use to train. Sry I'm using this for help, but I had no other way.

Hi Delfonic, please check your email that you used to create your Venan Id with when you get a chance. Thanks.
Little_Mike

Next

Return to Game Updates